Search This Blog

Friday, November 26, 2010

Did I put the right DISC in?

Hey all,


Hope you had some good turkey and the rest of the food piled onto our stomachs that works against our diets! The last class we had was "Distance Learning" but the class a week earlier had to do with the Personal Profile System. Basically the professor began by saying that we were doing a class exercise, which, based on the usually enjoyable classes that those are, was destined to be just as fun. 28 Questions of matching what most and least matches our personality later( Q, Z, W,... where are you going with this) and we all knew this could really be a great tool to find out our managerial capabiilities.

I was a Di, the Dominance and Influence personality. Basically that means that my managerial style is dominance based, where I have authority and I tend to get the most immediate results.

I think it involves being more impulsive and intuitive in decisions, which is totally me. I also tend to take the place as the leader because I have certain insight into things that's different than others yet I tend to put together groups thoughts into a gameplan that's best for all parties involved.
It's important to understand the type of leader you are because there are groups in everything and it involves casual personal interaction as well. I tend to try to be the most dominant and it is evident usually. I don't think the type can really change, unless mentality changes first.
I hope my management style won't be an issue for people in my future workplace!

No comments:

Post a Comment